Shopping can be a pleasure or a chore. However you look at it, use these five tips to be an effective and organized shopper.
1. Dress well. In order to spend less and buy wisely, dress up in comfortable clothes. It's the same concept as going to the grocery store on a full stomach.
2. Shop with a plan. Know exactly what you need and how much you can spend. Write it down. Create a budget.
3. Keep an ongoing list of needs in your closet. As you dress each morning, make notes of specific items you need to complete outfits such as a wider, brown belt or a white tee with a v-neck.
4. Before you make a purchase ask yourself, "Does this match my wardrobe in terms of color, style and price? Is this on my needs list? How versatile is this item? How many ways can I wear it?"
5. Shop first at high-end mass merchants, outlet malls, and off-price stores for basics such as tees, shirts and pants. You'll then have more money for seasonal updates such as jackets or accessories.
About the Author
Barbara Myers is a professional organizer and author of "Manage Your Wardrobe System." Enjoy a free tips booklet and e-zine to help you take control of your time by organizing your life. Visit http://www.ineedmoretime.com